Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 May 2010 10:02:11 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Insurance suggestions
Comments: To: Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@sympatico.ca>

dear agreed on Paul

i have some experience in this as a person who had Declared Value i was able to secure 90% of Declared Value after much pushing and pulling and some involvement with ICBC and a persuasive Gowesty person, my own lawyer who played the part of looming shadow, and many websites showing selling prices of the van i had which was a 1989 California 5 speed diesel all OEM ... also i was paying nearly 100% more for the Declared Value Policy than i had been for the standard policy

with Agreed Value things are a little different ... 1. you will likely require a proper appraisal done by a person who understands and knows these vehicles 2. You will require photographs with dates as part of this survey 3. You will require your insurance carrier to agree to value of your appraisers survey (which may involve a secondary viewing of vehicle by the insurance broker)

Then your contract will be written up stating that the agreed value is $xx,xxx.00

some responsibility that falls on you after is to keep receipts of work done after insurance issued

note there maybe some restrictions applied by your carrier so shop around a little if you can try discussing your needs with a Prestige car insurer ... which means a visit to your local jag or rolls dealer if you show them the Gowesty site and what they are selling a fully rigged and ready westie for i doubt that the Prestige car guys or gals will laugh at you too much ... then they will offer proper advice ... good luck yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners