Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 May 2010 17:48:34 -0400
From:         "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Living In Vanagon Land?
Comments: To: Mark A Kippert <vanagon@kippert.com>

The cool part if the rarity is the stares, smiles and thumbs up you get going down the road. That and the occassional middle finger from a big fat fellow Hoosier in a big truck -jacked up on pork rinds and McDonalds coffee who nearly ran you off the road.

On 5/18/10, Mark A Kippert <vanagon@kippert.com> wrote: > Pete's right about Indiana. I live in Indy and own two Vanagons. Based on > the quantity I've seen on the road since Oct '08, I'd say I own about half > the known Vanagons in Indy. > > Mark K > 1986 GL/2WD/4SPD > 1990 Carat/2WD/Auto > > > On May 17, 2010, at 5:48 PM, Peter T. Owsianowski wrote: > >> Can't imagine that here in flyover country here in northern Indiana. It >> is >> not uncommon to go months without seeing a Westy or GL. Also, rarely see >> one in Winter months. >> >> I think they are more common in Michigan than Indiana to boot. >> >> >> Pete >> '79 Westy "Aardvark" >> '87 Westy "JoesVan" >> WWW.Busesbythebeach.com >> >> >> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Matthew Snook <matt@greenbeard.us> wrote: >> >>> Loren, I know what you mean! Remember the discussion last year, somebody >>> posted the membership locations for all the vanagon.com members - the >>> West >>> coast is where it's at! I'm in Eugene, Corvallis, and Portland fairly >>> often, and they're everywhere. The first time there were three of us >>> Westies at a four way stop I thought "What are the odds against that?!" >>> Since then it has happened several times. The residential neighborhoods >>> I >>> visit often sport more than one Westy per block, when I gas up there >>> is.well, I can't say 'usually' but it's not a rare occurrence for there >>> to >>> be at least one othe Westy or vanagon at the station. I don't think >>> that's >>> typical of the country as a whole. >>> >>> Matt >>> >

-- Sent from my mobile device

Pete '79 Westy "Aardvark" '87 Westy "JoesVan" WWW.Busesbythebeach.com