Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 May 2010 14:13:59 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: another syncro question
Comments: To: Jay lefstein <jleftbrane@GMAIL.COM>

I would not put a straight shaft in place of the VC, because you immediately loose your AWD on pavement ability. AND ..you loose the natural 'ABS Brakes - affect' of having the front and rear axles connected , like under heavy breaking.

the only reason to have a solid shaft is for ultra hard core off road use, where a solid shaft will perform better than a VC.

you'd be taking out the AWD feature. and going backwards to 4WD .. as I said, only for very enhanced off rode use, and you loose much of your pavement abilities. Except for that narrow focus for extreme off road... losing the VC is a bad thing.

Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay lefstein" <jleftbrane@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:34 AM Subject: another syncro question