Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 May 2010 06:01:52 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 88 front & rear steel brake lines size
Comments: cc: cotc03@HOTMAIL.COM

In a message dated 20/05/2010 12:02:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Caroline welcome to the Vanagon List. I just knew you'd show up here sooner or later. The brake lines. Well, if you make your own you will be far better off than trying to find the correct ones with the metric threaded ends. You will need a flaring tool for the double bubble flare, from NAPA and a roll of brake line from NAPA. If you cannot find new male nipple ends, I have them in stock if you wanna wait for delivery or maybe you can find them locally, ask Ben, OR re-use the old ends if they are salvageable, usually they are. Good luck and if yo need some help you can call me - 613-256-6763

But I have a brake job to do and the long weekend looks appealing! I want t= o replace all brake lines front & rear=2C master cylinder=2C rear pads=2C d= rums and cylinders. Got all parts ordered from NAPA finally=2C except for t= he brake lines...

Since I do not have the van in my driveway and all my repair manuals are on= their way... May I ask what size & length of steel brake lines do I need?= =20

I found that it might be "10mm x 1.0 pitch" from a thread on the samba (htt= p://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3D4154085&highlight=3Dbrake+l= ines#4154085)=2C but not sure it's not just for syncro and if it apply to b= oth front & rear??=20<<<<<<<<

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 Westy & Lionel Trains (_Collection for sale_ (http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm) ) _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://frankcondelli.com/busindex.html) - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems_ (http://frankcondelli.com/exhaust.htm) _BusFusion_ (http://www.busfusion.com/) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 10 ~ 13, 2010