Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 May 2010 15:23:54 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: New 5x112 Wheels from EMPI
Comments: To: Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>

the 5.5 width struck me as a bit on the narrow side perhaps.

those are VW Bug wheels , style wise, in my opinion. and the 15 x 5.5 fits that. on a bug the right tire would be 165 R15 I believe, a pretty skinny tire.

I think my south african 15 inch steel wheels are 6 inches wide. anyway, 5.5" wide in a vanagon 15 inch wheels does not strike me as what you really want in a 15 inch Vanagon wheel. and the ET is small, so they won't reach in very far, and sit somewhat 'out' , plus they're narrow too.

no pass, in my opinion. close but no cigar. Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Sullivan" <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 1:59 PM Subject: Re: New 5x112 Wheels from EMPI