Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 May 2010 10:38:53 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bosch 72150 or Wix 51342
Comments: To: Jeff Hartman <jeffreyleehartman@gmail.com>

Jake's comment notwithstanding, while Bosch 72150 is the correct listing, I've occasionally had oil pressure problems using this filter in the past. I'd toss it.

I've been using Wix Filters for over 34 years. Excellent quality, they are the only American brand filter I will ever use on an air or water cooled VW. Because Mann/Mahle are usually very available I continue to use those, but I'll use a Wix when I can't get one with no questions.

My nickel's worth and YMMV -- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" 75 914 1.8 "Nancy" Full Timing Since March 1999 oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************************** On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Jeff Hartman <jeffreyleehartman@gmail.com>wrote: