Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 May 2010 14:49:24 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: What to soak radiator in to dissolve slime
Comments: To: Phil Zimmerman <philzimm1@SHAW.CA>

citric acid is the beast. no citrus smell, just good cleaning action. I used it a lot for cleaning stainless bioreactors, and stainless winefermentors.

if you have access to it, trisodium citrate is the common salt from of the acid.

citric acid is used as an acidulant in many foodstuffs and drinks.

I'll go out on a limb here and say you can't really overdo it in a cleaning solution. Well i wouldn't boil a saturated solution in a nice new stainless vessel, just out of caution.

alistair