Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 May 2010 12:54:05 +0300
From:         Janne Ruohomäki <janne.ruohomaki@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Why you stick your head in your engine now and again...
Comments: To: Mtbdavid2@aol.com

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:20 PM, David Cohen <Mtbdavid2@aol.com> wrote: > Hi Robert, >  I am glad your experience of looking under the hood in your Vanagon > didn't turn out as disastrous as mine.  My Vanagon has been running rough  for > quite some time so I thought I would check for an air leak.  I started  up > the motor and put my head into the engine compartment, with my ear to the > motor.  Next thing I know I am on the ground with a splitting headache and > blood dripping from my forehead.  I forgot that I had a hoody on with tie > strings on the hood.  The strings got caught in the alternator belt when I > turned my head towards the motor, then my forehead was immediately slammed in > the tin where the is supposed to be a seal but mine was missing where I  hit. > > To make a long story longer I ended up at emergency to get my head stitched >  up.  I have a nice new C shaped scar above my eyebrow going up my forehead >  and my motor still runs rough. All I can say is Do Not wear a hoody with > tie  strings when you work on a running motor.

Whaat.. You went through all this and no link to youtube ?!

I did the same with my long hair once, but with more like D-shaped scar. Does that mean You did it better ? Good thing neither of us got an F.

Lucky me, since I bought my van the pace of my hair loss has quadrupled. I dont use hoodies so soon Ill be completely safe from this without any unnatural and painful hair cutting . Anyways I am planning to spend most of the summer under my van, so I wont be getting any sunburns to my virgin hairless head.