Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 May 2010 13:28:28 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Alternator light mystery-High bean switch!
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net>

I did do that. little surprised at the X contact, since it's 'like' 15...or does the same type of thing ..applies 'ignition level' power to the light switch and load reduction relay. I think VW's logic was to make power supply to the coil and ignition system independent... and thus more reliable...along the same lines of thinking that make almost all cars have unfused power supply to their ignition system.

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Beierl" <dbeierl@attglobal.net> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 1:02 PM Subject: Re: Alternator light mystery-High bean switch!