Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 May 2010 12:57:25 -0400
From:         Don Hundt <dhundt@BENDBROADBAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: Good types of drive-on lift ramps?
Comments: To: "Mike \"Rocket J Squirrel\"" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

Rocky, Here is how I've done it with lumber (2x10) The bottom board can be as long as you want it, simply cut pieces of lumber, each piece being a couple inches shorter than the previous, stack them in order with one end lined up so it makes a ramp on the other end, nailing or screwing each board to the previous as you go. You can attach a small stop to the end of the top board(leave room for this) so you dont drive off. Lay them in your driveway and drive on. you can make them any height you desire (might want to sketch it out first so you get your lengths correct), and drive on. Presto, world's strongest ramps. Don ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike "Rocket J Squirrel"" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:58 AM Subject: Re: Good types of drive-on lift ramps?