Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 May 2010 22:16:34 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: All engines have issues...
Comments: To: Peter K <bybike@gmail.com>

dear newbie speculating from my couch while looking at an internet picture i suggest several things 1. unless you are a really skilled unemotional buyer who can look at all issues of a new to you used vehicle in the cold light of economic reality ... hire someone to help you shop 2. there appears to be lots of fresh paint on the vehicle you sent the link for but not over the whole vehicle ... what was repaired ... why and how well .. 3. motor is only part of the equation ... cooling system ... electrics ... steering ... interior heater ... upholstery... interior trim ... seals on transmission and cv joints ... rubber on pop... top luggage rack ... windows ... doors 4. how well can you keep a vehicle ... note there are shops who will not work on a vanagon that has undergone an engine conversion ... even if it is a vw engine ... and there are shops who love to work on them ... 5. always keep in mind that you are purchasing a vehicle that is well past the "best years" according to the people who like to make us feel inadequate with page after page of new car advertisements in the local news ... that purchase will cause you to be reaching into your pocket for repairs or getting into the coveralls to do stuff often ...and one should always be ready to either learn or pay to have it doen ... a combination often wors best good luck yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners