Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jun 2010 21:22:13 +0300
From:         Janne Ruohomäki <janne.ruohomaki@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: (was) I could use a little help - jump starters
Comments: To: B Feddish <bfeddish@netreach.net>

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM, B Feddish <bfeddish@netreach.net> wrote: > I personally invented killing my starting battery by leaving something on. ;)

Hah! But I developed a randomly self powering radio which destroyed my starting battery over time. It was wired so that You could listen to it without keys. I have not yet researched this issue enough to say whether it would do any kind of self shutdown, and I remember music being on couple of times when entering after work.

I noticed this while ago when I was doing some cleaning. I started to wonder who is playing such lousy music so loud that I can here it over the noise of the vacuum cleaner. I was cleaning at the back and had not even been at the front. That thing was not on when I started. After that I have always detached the front panel. No more dead-battery-mondays, but my current battery wont make it through next winter.