Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:32:52 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Headlight Covers

> All of the headlight covers were sold rather quickly. I had > so many requests for them I have contacted the supplier I got > them from to see if he can track down some more. If you want > to try and get a set yourself NAPA appears to have the rest > of them in their supply chain somewhere. They are not made > anymore so whats out there is all thats left.

> JC Whitney has headlight covers in clear & smoke. > http://www.jcwhitney.com/headlight-covers/p2016516.jcwx?_reque

The ones that NAPA lists are the same ones we used to sell, but they haven't been made in several years. When we last had them, we sold them for $50. Napa's price is nearly $100, which certainly explains why they couldn't sell them. Jeez, if I had that kind of markup I'd be retired already! :-)

The ones JC Whitney lists are from a different company, here in the U.S.. I spoke at length to the owner of the factory, which makes headlight covers for thousands of models. As far as he knows they have never actually sold one for a Vanagon. The Vanagon listing turns up in their catalog because they have a pattern for it, but none of their retailers have ever ordered it. They are making a sample and sending it to me so I can make sure it actually fits. Once I'm satisfied with the fit and the quality, I will be stocking them. This will take about a month, since once I approve the sample they will be making them to order for me.

I'll update you once they're on the website.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders by PART # : 1-866-BUS-DEPOT