Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jun 2010 10:23:12 -0400
From:         B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Re: was Plastic Ramps, now door screens
Comments: To: Jim Felder <jim.felder@gmail.com>

The one I have is https://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=253603 . It's meant for a later model year than mine. They work really well. You have to modify it a bit to fit in the pre-85's. My installation is very poor and I need to do it again. It was one of those "get it in tonight before leaving tomorrow for a 10 day trip" things. There is a guy I see at allot of the VW campouts that did an immaculate job and even has the magnets at the bottom installed by Joe F. I will take pictures of it next time I see him.

Yeah, I have new motor mounts. I even have a new clutch "disk" that the engine installer put in when the new engine went in in Feb. Why he did not replace the pressure plate I'll never know.

Thanks,

Bryan

From: Jim Felder [mailto:jim.felder@gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 10:04 AM To: B Feddish Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: Plastic Ramps

Tell me more about the sliding door screen. What year is your van? Does anybody know what the difference is for the arrangement of the early (as in through 83) and later sliding door is? I have access to both style interiors to look at, if need be, but I have no idea how the screen attaches. It is an 83 I am wanting to put the screen in.

RE chattering clutch, I thought I would mention it though you've probably done it... have you checked your motor mounts?

Jim