Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jun 2010 10:52:48 -0400
From:         B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Window  screens
Comments: To: mcneely4@cox.net

Joe, seen here, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=975402 , has a commercial sewing machine and he is able to sew a long magnet at the bottom which makes for a real tight fit of the screen in doorway.

Bryan

-----Original Message----- From: mcneely4@cox.net [mailto:mcneely4@cox.net] Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 10:41 AM To: B Feddish; vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: [VANAGON] was Plastic Ramps, now door screens

---- B Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET> wrote: There is a guy I see at > allot of the VW campouts that did an immaculate job and even has the magnets > at the bottom installed by Joe F. I will take pictures of it next time I > see him.

Please tell me more about these magnets, as fit at the bottom seems to be a problem. I have seen a photo of a screen that looks to be much better than the ones most of us have with their floppy bottoms, and that has a zipper that opens the screen across the top and bottom as well as vertically, rather than just vertically down the middle, but when I tried to find out its origin and so on, the owner of the vehicle had no idea, it came with his van and he thought it was the norm. It's the only one I have ever seen like that. All the others I have seen fit poorly, like mine, but then you guys have seen far more vanagons than I have

David McNeely.