Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jun 2010 18:28:52 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coercing the radiator hose off

You should try to find something flat that will allow you to push on the "edge" of the hose end. I use a carpenter's pry bar, also called a "flat bar". When you get something on there and push, it should come right off. I think what happens is a sort of "Chinese finger puzzle" when you try to pull off that hose. It is a bit soft and stretchy. So you pull hard and it elongates a little and also gets skinnier and tighter on the radiator outlet.. Don Hanson