Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jun 2010 19:52:04 +0000
From:         Jamie Fitterer <fittdog8848@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Overheating after on Road.

Hey everyone,

I have been meaning to post this for a while and have not gotten around to it.

I have a 1984 Westy 1.9L. It runs pretty good on the road and has always treated me kindly (sometimes).

I have never liked the cooling system in this and have read many posts to upgrade the cooling system to an 86 or later version. I constantly have to worry about the over heating when getting off the interstate or highway and pulling into a town adn getting stuck at a light or something. My Radiator fan works but still the temp can climb when it is 95+ and in the sun. I do drive it around town in the spring andfall and sometimesi the summer but never long enough for it to overheat or some the same symptoms.

I have already replace the temp sensor. the main coolant bottle was cracked so that was replaced.

Will an upgrade help me out?

Thanks Guys,