Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:11:11 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: New 5x112 Wheels from EMPI
Comments: To: BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>

I'll sure agree with that .. that at only 5.5 inches wide they are too narrow for Vanagons.

I would not be surprised if they were on the 'lite' side in terms of load rating, also.

yeah, in 15's you want 6's or 6.5 inches wide... personally I think 7 inches is getting a bit wide, especially in a 15, or even a 16 maybe.

when you look up a tire like at tire rack or wherever, dig a bit and you can find what rim width a given tire is suited for.

5.5 inches 'could' be listed for a Nokian 205/65 R 15 tire... but it might be more like 6 inches wide is what you want.

----- Original Message ----- From: "BenT Syncro" <syncro@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 3:11 PM Subject: Re: New 5x112 Wheels from EMPI