Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jun 2010 08:34:38 -0400
From:         craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: cleaning seat upholstery
Comments: To: "Peter T. Owsianowski" <pnoceanwesty@gmail.com>

My solution for cleaning which has been passed down from generation to generation involves a solute which is composed of two extremely reactive and highly dangerous substances. Yes, they are combined in such a way that we feel they are "safe enough" to handle and as far as I know the government has so far not put any (well, many) controls on the accessability of this substance (though this would vary regionally). In large quantities it can overpower your system, Inhalation can lead to drowning, and It seems to get everywhere when you work with it, but luckily it quickly evaporates into the atmosphere (where I sure hope it's not doing too much harm?). You guessed it, WATER! Good old H20.

Seriously guys, everything is trying to kill you these days. I can write a warning like this for anything. The "Simple" truth is that Simple Green is a product which has revolutionized the green industry and been a leader for a great number of years now. It works, it's safe when used properly, etc. A test that proved that more fish died in a solution of oil and simple green than in a solution of just oil? That's the most inconclusive thing i've ever heard. That's like saying that if we add some salt to the water and more fish die, salt is absolutely deadly. (I guess technically, it is!). And why are these fish in a jar filled with oil? I will second the suggestion of Oxyclean. Oxyclean is a relatively reactive substance of simple parts that quickly breaks down to a solution which is COMPLETELY safe. I wash out beer bottles with the stuff, then fill them with beer, which I drink. This is a well accepted method of sterilization. So, knowing that it leaves no harmful reside..... I think it's good to go. It will however make your hands feel weird if submerged for a long time, and will also at the same time polish your jewelry.

Yes Peter, you have to put out your cigar to use a respirator. That way your lungs are safe.

-Craig '85GL turned WESTY BOSTIG in the back