Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Jun 2010 19:34:30 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anybody else have a 2.2EJT in their Vanagon?
Comments: To: BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com>

Would you like me to send you a picture of a stock set up ? I have one that with no PS pump in the bracket, making things very clear.

and yes, that will help, to have the engine right in front of you.

I trimmed off some of the older text on this post. about this trimming ... sure, we don't want the posts to get way, way long, and I am lazy about trimming for sure.

and on the other hand. when I see a response to a post, but no idea what the person is repsonding too .. seems dumb to me, Like at least leave on some of what was being repsonded to so it makes sense.

yes, memories can play tricks all right. we may have to start you off with the correct mounting brackets. Subaru is kinda funny about it .. the right side of the alternator is mounted to, and pivots on, the AC bracket. the left side of the alternaotor is tenisoned on the PS bracket.

so , if going stock, and doing it senibly ....to have Alt with No PS or AC .. you still need the PS and AC brackets to start with. and that makes a clean set up. I bought a subaruvanagon like that. And they had cleverly used an AC tensioning bracket ( that idler pulley on a 6 inch long bracket ) to make it so the altnernator could be on there by itself, and tension adjustment made sense, wasn't mickey mouse. etc.

Scott www.turbonvans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "BenT Syncro" <syncro@gmail.com> To: "Scott Daniel - Turbovans" <scottdaniel@turbovans.com> Cc: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 6:35 PM Subject: Re: Anybody else have a 2.2EJT in their Vanagon?