Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Jun 2010 10:29:40 -0700
From:         Stephen Grisanti <bike2vcu@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: sliding door screen
Comments: To: Pat Sloan <pmsloan@SHAW.CA>

Regarding the mid-door opening, if you are building from scratch you might really want to consider magnets on one flap and metal washers/disks on the other.  While the commercial offerings utilize zippers (or your alternative velcro suggestion) the one-handedness of the magnetic closure is vastly easier to deal with, especially considering that you might be carrying something while going in or out.  We simply push one of the flaps open, the magnets release and let the flaps part, and when they fall back together the magnets pull the flaps closed again, no hands required.  Seriously, nice and easy.

Stephen