Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Jun 2010 12:04:40 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: [vanagon] Fwd: Pop-Top Canvas Replacement Video
Comments: To: Jim Arnott <jrasite@eoni.com>

Thanks, Jim. I sent the canvas back I ordered and they told me it was the correct year and model. Maybe seeing this video would have spared me a lot of trouble. Spent a whole day trying to install it with the pop-top on. I saw the old canvas had the "pie-cuts", I did'nt do any cutting to the new canvas. Then three friends helped me remove the top-all four of us could not get it to stretch. If we tacked it down at one end first, the corners would'nt reach at the other. No instructions came with the canvas. It was the cheapest I could find, $199.00, The canvas also weighs almost a pound less than the old original, doesn't have the welt on top, and the plastic edge on the bottm is only half the width of the original. ANy recommendations ? Thanks Robert 1982 Westfalia