Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:32:00 +0200
From:         Jens Jakob Andersen <jayjay@ZORCK.DK>
Subject:      Very special expedition Syncro for sale in the US
Comments: cc: info@dennisbager.dk

Dear fellow vanagon-lovers Please take a look at the sale-advert for Mary from Denmark - a one of a kind expediton Syncro, that has been around the world, and is in great shape - and available in the US for 29K$. The Bager family are finalizing their world-tour in the US, and are looking at the possibility to sell Mary in the states, instead of shipping her back home to Denmark Take a look at the car here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=977092 Happy driVWing Jens Jakob ===== Full text here ==== 1990 Syncro 4X4, Expedition ready for 5 Persons, 1,9L TD Price 29,000US$ Our loved Vanagon, named Mary, who has been our home at our 2 years journey around the world will be for sale when we end our journey in the end of July 2010 in Canada. She has taken us safely on adventures on and off road in Australia, New Zealand, South America, USA and Canada. She is fully equipped for more adventures all over the world. She is a one of a kind in USA and Canada and this is the only chance to get a car like this. She is a black/silver Caravelle Syncro Vanagon from 1990 with following: ? 1,9L AAZ turbo diesel engine. This engine is used all over the world by VW and Audi in models like Golf and Passat etc. The engine is totally rebuild in January 2010. The engine is very strong and reliable and it is easy to get parts for it and repair it all over the world. The AAZ engine is regarded as one of the best diesel engines ever standardmounted in the Vanagons. ? Differential lock for front wheels and back wheels. Which means that only one front wheel and only one back wheel needs to touch the ground, and she will still keep going. This combination was never imported to USA or Canada. ? Decoupler. This means that she can be a 2WD or 4WD on demand. ? Heavy duty South African springs in front and specially designed super heavy duty springs in back. All new in 2010. ? Old Man Emu shoks in front and back. All new in may 2010. ? Goes about 24miles per gallon (10km/L) fully loaded and with the topbox on. With normal load and without the topbox, these models normally goes 32-33 miles per gallon (13-14km/L). This is much better than the usual gasoline Syncros in USA and Canada. ? Power stearing (rebuild in January 2010). ? Alternator, the starter and the diesel pump are all rebuild in 2009. ? All CV joints (inner and outer) replaced in 2009 ? Totally stripped down and newpainted outside and inside in 2007. Camping features ? Special designed camper that sleeps 5 adults and has seatbelts for 7. ? Reimo pop up roof. Compared to the usually Westfalia, the Reimo offers about 10cm more free space over the mattresses when popped down. Hereby there is space enough for sleeping bags and pillows for the persons who sleep upstairs. ? Huge storage capacity with 10 waterproof heavy duty aluboxes. It is a unique system that uses the space much more efficient. ? Table with sink behind the passenger seat (kitchen). ? Wall mounted flip up table (weekender model). ? Colemann portable gasoline stove, which can be used all over the world. ? Waeco 60L portable fridge that runs on 12V or 110V or 220V ? Webasto diesel heater for the cabin (very nice in cold mornings). ? 2 extra batteries for fridge, light, radio, water pumps, heater etc. (the car has 3 batteries all in all). ? Solarpanel ? Power converter to 220V (can easily be changed to 110V in about 10 minutes). ? Watertank with a capacity of 80L (21gallon) ? Katadyn ceramic filtersystem for making drinking water. This system has a capacity of about 25L (6-7gallon). ? Extra 80L (21gallon) dieseltank which gives the car a range of far more than 1.000km. ? Fiama F45 canopy/awning. This model is longer than the standard in USA and covers the entire length of the car, including most of the front door. ? Skirt to put on the side for wind protection. ? Heavy duty bikerack on the back for 5 bikes. It now carries a box in stainless steel. ? Tube for 6-8 fishing rods. The tube is 5feet long. ? Fiama Topbox with a capacity of 400L (105gallon). As she has been our home for the journey also means that we have always kept her in the best possible condition so we always can rely on her. Inside she is cleaned several times a week and all seats are permanently covered with washable sheets. The mechanical parts have always been serviced the best way possible. The Engine oil and filter is for instance changed every 5.000km. The price for such a well equipped van is extremely low here in the USA/Canada. If she is not soled at the middle of July, we simply ship her back to Europe, so don?t wait too long to come and see her. She is on Danish license plates and the new buyer has to do all the needed paperwork to get her on new plates. If you interested to see the car our journey will go from Utah in the first week of June, to Yellowstone NP and cross the border to Canada about the 12/13 of June heading to Banf and Jasper in Canada. See more about our journey at www.dennisbager.dk And a translated version on http://translat...sbager.dk%2F Or send an email to info@dennisbager.dk