Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:34:14 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: paint code + sample pics, characteristics of paint.
Comments: To: colorworks@gci.net

It sounds like you are looking for the Bordeaux Red Metallic. Real oenophiles would never call it burgundy! ;)

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Troy <colorworks@gci.net> wrote:

> Hi folks: > > Looking to paint my van this fall and looking for paint codes. I have a > 1989 that is currently pastel white, but want to change the color to what is > generically referred to as Burgundy. It seems like the paint code changed > between 1990 and 91. I believe the color I'm after is called Bordeaux Red > (LC3Y), although there is also a red poly (LA3Z). It's really tough to tell > from a little tiny paint chip on a computer screen if it's the color I want, > so wanted to ask list members if they can send me pictures of their van if > you happen to own a van with these colors, so I can compare. I'm looking for > the color that has more of the plum rather than red to it, but again, trying > to figure that out from a small paint chip seems next to impossible. > > I would also like to know the difference between enamals, acrylic > urethanes, and acrylic lacquer's. What's the advantages and disadvantages to > these paint types? It appears that acrylic lacquer are the most expensive, > but I'm not sure that means are the most durable. > > Thanks for the help! > > Troy >

-- Jake

1984 Vanagon GL 1.9 WBX 'The Grey Van' 1986 Westy Weekender/2.5 SOHC Suby 'Dixie'

Crescent Beach, BC

www.thebassspa.com www.crescentbeachguitar.com http://subyjake.googlepages.com/mydixiedarlin%27