Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jun 2010 13:34:46 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Clutch not letting me shift into reverse
Comments: To: W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>

Glad you got er fixed Bill. Sounds like a bit of a saga but you prevailed.

and very wise not to mess with a working van when not at home. Good thinkin' there !

( and you know how they tend to wear out the clutch pedal clevis pin and hole, right ? you see a lot of freeplay slop at the top of a syncro clutch pedal, that's what you think about. Normal 'free slop' is an eighth of an ince, a qtr inch, even a half inch is OK, but two inches there indicates a badly worn clevis pin and hole for the pin in the clutch pedal. Spray lube up in there as best you can. It's a chronic syncro weakness . )

Might you have a part to sell ??? the clear plastic clutch hydraulic line that goes to the slave cylinder. about 4 feet long. the aftmost piece of hydraulic line going to the slave cylinder. nut fitting one the front end, banjo bolt fitting where it goes on the slave.

a sycnro I'm working on needs that part. thanks if you can help ! Scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "W Monk" <billmonk@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 12:38 PM Subject: Clutch not letting me shift into reverse