Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jun 2010 14:04:32 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: border crossing
Comments: To: courtney hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA>

Courtney, what about hunting? Canadians can hunt in the U.S., right? And U.S. citizens in Canada. Just have to get things in order. No showing up at the border and saying, "Oh, yes, officer, I've got two ............. ."

DMc

---- courtney hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA> wrote: > It's a two way street people. I cross the border many times through the year. Canadian BP officers always ask Americans about handguns because they are so prevalent in the U.S. but not in Canada, where they are strictly regulated, and in many calibers actually illegal, (.25acp, .32acp) downright banned completely except for some grandfather claused people like myself. When I head to the States I used to carry my 12 gauge pump in my closet of my Westy, but can't anymore. I can only bring my long guns or handguns across the border if I'm attending a sanctioned Match at an accredited range. No guns allowed for Canadians for self defense. The only time I was exempted was when I was attending a military shoot officially with I.D. > Courtney

-- David McNeely