Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Jun 2010 19:45:36 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: westy interior install, was Re: westy kitchen mod question

I did most of a Westie interior in my 84 with the regular roof. It took me about 3hrs to 'harvest' all the stuff from the donor van. I knew going into the project that I would not be keeping the overhead or the driver's side rear closet, which simplified the project. I did cut the holes for the filler ports and I put my propane inside in the cab under the sink with some vent holes through the bottom. Seems to work out just fine for me..no leaks at the outside filler 'doors' and I can simply swap in a full bottle of propane without taking the van to a filling station. I know, I am likely breaking some law..but I have ripped off the under van propane bottles on another van and I do not like those.

I transplanted all the inside in about a day without too much trouble. Mine is not a Go Westie Gold-plater, I use it to camp and go to bike races as well as hauling big stuff and for work, sometimes...so the rear Wardrobe and the overhead were too limiting to the open space floor plan for my purposes. I did some dark limo tint on the rear side windows. Looks like a normal passenger van outside. I have my curtains with sewed-in magnets that I stick up when camping. Same for window screens. Don Hanson