Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:42:27 -0500
From:         Dave Mcneely <mcneely4@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Friday:  A good USA, Aussie, Euro campsite web page
Comments: To: Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@YAHOO.COM>

Malcolm, thanks for posting this, some folks might find it useful. I checked a couple of states and locations just to get a feel for what it offers. It is a listing of commercial RV parks rather than campgrounds. For example, for Port Aransas, Texas, where there is a national park with camping and a state park with camping there were two commercial RV parks listed, but neither the national park nor the state park were. But, for folks looking for that sort of thing, there are many, many and it might help some in their travels. Thanks again, David

---- Malcolm Stebbins <mwstebbins@YAHOO.COM> wrote: > Dear All: As I prepare for my upcoming summer trip, I have been surfing around looking for a comprehensive listing of campsites. I know that there is the Woodall's BIG book of N. Am.campsites, but I thought I'd bring this URL to folks attention as it covers the USA and Europe & Australia (not Canada). I have been busy putting together a 'book' of the regions of Italy that we plan to visit. > > For the USA crowd on this list, I'll list the USA URL: http://www.campingcompass.com/camping/united-states-of-america Note that the list on the left side of the page has other locations. > > For the techno phobes out there, there is a way to save a whole web page to your computer hard drive so that one does not need internet access to re-access the page for general information. In Firefox it is Right-click on the page, Save As, the choose Entire Webpage. > > Enjoy. Malcolm

-- David McNeely