Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jun 2010 07:38:46 -0500
From:         Ry <rylincoln@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: AC While Camping - Portable Unit

I have seen plenty of these stand alone portable a/c units and they have all had a flexible vent hose to channel the hot exhaust air away that could easily be adapted to vent out any open window with a simple rigid cardboard cut to fit tight or some other similar easily workable and cheap material.

Of course you have to deal with the thing sitting inside the van, taking up valuable living space.

I know you were joking about the eye popping but...there would be no need to open a window, you're gonna get fresh air coming in plenty of places(front dash vents especially)

Curious how much amp hour reserve(number of batteries at least) you have in your van to run an a/c all night, or do you run a generator?

peace, -Ry http://www.google.com/profiles/rylincoln