Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:16:22 -0500
From:         Michael Sullivan <sandwichhead@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oxymoron Alert: AC While Camping
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@pottsfamily.ca>

I agree, BUT, as I understand it, camping is a recreational activity. It is hard to recreate when you break a sweat just tying your shoes. Last time I camped in So TX in July, I had the shape of my body sweated into my cot after a two hour nap. Was just talking to my wife about this and some folks, we call em Snowbirds, come down here for the Winter months and back to Canada or Minnesota for the summer. I don't like the idea of a/c while camping for alot of reasons. Kinda limits me, but I guess it's like folks that have to winterize and store their van over the cold months. I do the reverse and try to get all repairs and maintenece done during the hot months so I am ready for the small window of pleasant weather that we get down here. Just sayin. Michael in San Antonio 91GL Weekender AT 2.1L 'Gringo' 73 Beetle