Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:21:18 -0400
From:         W Monk <billmonk@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: AC While Camping
Comments: To: J Stewart <fonman4277@comcast.net>

Whe we were out west last summer outside a Cabella's in one of their pavement campgrounds it was 105' F. I went into a local Walmart bought a 5,000btu (might have been a little but bigger) window unit. I used the cardboard from the box,foam strips,some duct tape,and a ratchet strap with hooks on the end. I heard from several of the "huge" rv's it looked Hillbilly**. It worked very well and I ended up using it on the rest of the trip. The strap hooked to the raingutter and a bungee cord down to the rim was all that was needed to hold it into place. I"d pop it off and put it into my inlaws airstream trailer so I didn't even have to deal with hauling it around. I"ll start carrying it again when I get my trailer built. I will replace the cardboard with sunbrella though!!! Maybe...

Bill

**No offense is meant to the hillbilly's on this list. I only use the word to quote what was said about me and my a/c installation. I would never use the term "hillbilly" to describe a person that is very creative with their repairs,mods,and way of life**