Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:36:16 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: MOD AGAIN re FIFA World Cup
Comments: To: Matt Thyer <matt_thyer@HOTMAIL.COM>

Hey Matt, better get on the annual review then. I just got in a severe rust project... it's gonna be fun. syncro , with rusted away to nothing fuel tank straps ... poor thing, almost the worst I have seen .... but it's savable.

oh ...I just found this pretty nice paint .. it's 'rust converter paint' in spray cans, about 10 bucks a can at a pro body shop supply store. comes in white, blue, black and some other colors, yellow and even taupe . makes a really 'hard shell' finish ... and you can paint whatever over it.

the brand is " Zero Rust" - really nice stuff.

not POR of course, but one step, and seems like really good stuff.

Save them vanagons ! it's really surprising in rust belt areas they don't have a drive through water sprayer system ...like a car wash, but for the underside.

So easy to keep things from rusting actually.

I was thinking... One could even make this case...the Vanagon is the most useful versatile, capable, well made VW ever, among all models. 'The best VW vehicle, overall, ever. And it's hard to count modern high tech stuff like Touareg's etc.. .and I'm not thinking of Audi's ...just pure VW's. Particularly the Syncro Vanagon .....,my vote for best VW model or type ever.

but even 2WD ones, which are just great for most uses ....there are just so many great things about them ... and so much you can do to them, and they do just about 'everything' . They are so worth taking care of, improving, modifying, upgrading, ...etc etc. etc. They are still on the rising part of the curve !

Scott www.turbovans.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Thyer" <matt_thyer@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 5:09 PM Subject: Re: MOD AGAIN re FIFA World Cup