Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jun 2010 23:53:50 -0500
From:         Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: '91 vanagon GL fuel injector flush/clean?
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@Q.COM>

The pintel caps aren't the pintels nor are they the bores they ride in.

These guys aren't rebuilding - they are cleaning & testing. And like I stated earlier, if it's worn it's a throw away.

I'll stop short of calling any business that claims to rebuild injectors crooks but they are definitely in the grey area.

BTW, I used to rebuild Bosch diesel injectors for myself & friends and I still have the pressure tester needed to test them. Mechanical diesel injectors are just poppet valves set to open at about 4 BAR and the housings can be disassembled. But even with these, you don't rebuild the injectors - you replace injectors that fail with new ones. Someone "rebuilding" these can't afford to drop in new injectors because the cost is higher than the service they are offering.

Tom www.towercooler.com