Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:22:20 -0400
From:         Daniel O Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      Re: inline VW swap into Vanagon

Don,

That 92 Golf Digifant should have 10:1 CR as well and a knock sensor screwed to the block by the waterhose from head to pump. You will need a Distributor adapter to use your 1.8 I don't think you'll have to block off the Block oil breather, just be creative with it's routing/hook up.

Here's a great page with the specifics (but some is specific to a CIS fueled car, not digifant (89-92 Jetta/golf) http://www.rabbitgtipage.com/Swaps/engineswaps.html

Links, Ken's Digifant page http://www.members.tripod.com/~fuelie/intro.htm

I have a 1.8 digifant in my 1980 vanagon camper and am currently working towards(slowly) a 2.0 (3A) into a 81 vanagon camper. So if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. dan@vwccny.com<mailto:dan@vwccny.com>

Dan Stevens Syracuse, NY