Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:33:35 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Electrical Connector dust boots
Comments: To: Evan Mac Donald <evanm@ATT.NET>

I'm with you on the boot thing :)

I don't know where you can find new ones. But what I do is grab as many good looking ones I can every time I go to junkyard. Some, you know, don't lend themselves to replacement without cutting wires, but some do.

Also, I smear silicon grease in the connectors when I can. I think it helps seal out moisture.

One or two boots I have repaired using that plastic tool dip stuff, but its kinda hokey.

alistair '