Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Jun 2010 00:46:16 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: seat belt replacement
Comments: To: mcneely4@cox.net

dear seat belts

ya know ... i am not a mechanic ... but ... i have twisted off a lot of bolts and nuts ... over tourque of a bolt or nut can cause lots of problems that will not =be evident until they are required to do their job ...

vibration will worry the threads until they back out and become loose or any variety of situations ...

there are many well documented situations of airplanes flying many hours with known stress situations that are gambled on til they fail ...

speaking from the point of view of a fellow who rolled the T25 at christmas in whyoming and came away with only minor scrapes and bruises to wife in passenger seat ... i would suggest seat belt bolts torqued to twice recommended ft pounds is asking for a disaster at the very time you want them to work

i would suggest you follow the advice of lucas and re-tap the hole and replace the bolts with new superior grade bolts ... just a suggestion from a fellow who has required his seat belts to work and they did when required yours

-- roger w From Proverbs: Under three things the earth trembles, under four it cannot bear up: a servant who becomes king ... ---------------------------------------------------------- Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://revver.com/find/video/?query=LastonLastof&search_on=owners