Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:20:24 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: Oxymoron  Alert:  AC While Camping
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@q.com>

Hi Karl,

Wow... I really stuck my foot in it this time. One measely wise-@$$ remark and the place erupts into a vicious flame-war. But I did start a new thread when I made my comment.

My comment was intended to express that *TO ME*, camping is about experiencing the environment. People camp for many different reasons. Some like to "get back to nature", and others just need cheap accomodations en route from point A to point B.

For me, Driving is about getting from place to place. If AC makes you comfortable, fine.

Camping *FOR ME* is about enjoying the outdoors, and the company of like-minded individuals. If any of said individuals need AC for medical reasons I am not going to begrudge them. I probably won't set up my camp right next to them however.

The comment about propex heaters not getting a bad rap is a fair comparison. Where I come from, most of the time people are a LOT more likely to die from lack of heat than from lack of AC. I was shocked the first time I went to AZ on business and discovered that the campgrounds were closed from May - September. That's almost the entire season where I come from!

And FWIW, a propex is nowhere near as loud as a typical AC window unit.

Can't we all just go back to tires, oil, and headlight relays now?

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts www.pottsfamily.ca www.pottsfamily.ca/busesofthecorn 1987 Wolfsburg Weekender hardtop Vanagon 1973 Westfakia "Bob the Tomato"