Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 Jun 2010 08:44:07 -0700
From:         Zoltan <thewestyman@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      My way - was;   what coolant flush method is best
Comments: To: spencervw@AOL.COM

1. I disconnect the hose that comes out of the radiator. 2. Blow compressed air into the press. tank to get all the coolant out. 3. I fill in as much water as I can and blow it through also. 4. put the hose back on the rad. 5. disconnect the to hose on the H pipe, and turn it upward, the clamp off it. 6. plug the H pipe where the hose was. 7. install a hose into that hose, that will be taller than the rad. top. 8. fill the system with 2 gallon of undiluted coolant at the press. tank 9. put the cap on when no more goes in there 10. carry on filling the system with water until it comes out at the radiator. 11. close the rad. valve 12. pinch the hose at the H pipe 13. take off the long hose and connect the hose to the H pipe back, pinch off, clamps back. 14. run the engine 2000 and keep filling while it's cold 15. put cap back on, Finished.

Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Spencer Allen" <spencervw@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:57 AM Subject: what coolant flush method is best

I'm wanting to do a coolant drain and fill on my 85 and was wondering if there is a latest and greatest method for one man (along with reluctant wife) to do a drain and fill without jacking up van and runnng front to back to open and close valves or drains. I would take it to a service shop but don't know who can service a Vangon here in the Chicago area. Thanks for any help. Spencer 85 Westy