Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:41:15 +0000
From:         Jamie Fitterer <fittdog8848@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mice prevention, was : Heater knee bar cross beam
Comments: To: transporterjr@yahoo.com

I use dryer sheets/Fabric softener.

Place in all the drawers an battery compartments before covering her for the winter. Has descreased my mice inhabitants to one a winter instead of the whole family.

I also use two traps in the van for backup.

Last winter only one trap was set off and had the culprit. The year before with nothing I had 8 mice in the van.

I am sure there are places they get in still but I am not seeing them while sleeping which is a good thing.

Poison does work best but not with other animals around......... > Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:16:47 -0700 > From: transporterjr@YAHOO.COM > Subject: Re: Mice prevention, was : Heater knee bar cross beam > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > I'm down on poison, we have dogs & chickens running around. But I'll have to keep traps going. > > > My mouse plan is as follows; ( 1st two done years ago) > > > Mesh over battery vent holes > Plugged holes behind driver side headlight > Block off openings around intake grill ( behind upper grill) > Plug knee bar tunnel > Wire mesh inside all tubes leading to heater box > Wire mesh behind B pillar vents in door jambs > Install mouse neutron bomb trap > > > Last, but not least keep traps when camping. Believe me,I think they get in right through the door jambs. > > > On running 100 miles a month, not here where salt is used nov thru april,even May! > > > John > LiMBO > > > Reply-To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>I've posted this many times. > All I *ever* do, with excellent results, is get those small yellow > triangular boxes of mouse poison at the grocery store .. > and put them in places like under work benches in sheds, behind > refrigerators .. > and if I had a van sitting for a long time... > in a few corners here and there. > > I have never had anything but 'you never see them again' with this method. > Been doing it 25 yrs or so. > > it's also really important to air out sitting vehicles of course, don't > leave them under trees, and so forth. > > 'not using them' is just plane bad for them. > Even driving an old vehicle 100 miles a month is not enough to keep it > healthy. > > > Can't say enough how important ventilation is. > I've got a van in my shop here now, it will take months for the mold smell > to get out of it, and I've got it sitting indoors in a dry climate with all > windows and doors open. Incense helps, both smell wise and spiritually, > for these super fine irreplaceable vans ! > > on all my outside vehicles, some dozen or so, on nice days ....at least half > of them get opened up and aired out. Including, and especially, trunks on > sedans. > > So easy to care for and preserve actually. > > > >