Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:17:15 -0600
From:         Tom Buese <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Mould (mold?) on canvas WATCH OUT!!
Comments: To: Jonce Fancher <streetbugs@VERIZON.NET>

Ditto what Jonce said. Mold & mildew are caused by organic matter growing on your canvas & are better encouraged by cotton because it is organic itself unlike sunbrella which is an acrylic fabric. You will find that if you keep your canvas clean & dried out after use, that M & M can be greatly reduced. That said, once you have M & M, you must kill them or they will continue to grow. It is also difficult to remove the stains, so once you kill it, unless you want to further ruin your canvas, it is almost better to leave the stains?

See my website under Mold & mildew care for more info:(scroll down to the M & M Information section)

http://busware.biz/Installation_%26_care,_Warranty.html

YMMV,

Mr. BZ-M & M, the silent killers