Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:37:15 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: While Talking About Fuel
Comments: To: "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET>

Might find it interesting to know that engines with knock sensors can take advantage of higher octane fuel..,........they can run more advance to use the octane, they're 'smart' that way.

Non-knock sensor ignition systems are not 'smart' ..they are just set for the intended octane, and can't take advantage of high octane fuel.. and I supposes they will run with more advance at higher altitudes too.

Scott turbovans ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack R." <jack007@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:08 PM Subject: Re: While Talking About Fuel