Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:39:33 -0400
From:         Jonathan Poole <jfpoolio@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shady Boy Awning + Pipe Insulation for rain

Thanks for getting Wolfgang onto the shady boy issues Frank, I look forward to the solutions they come up with.

I've tried the tape (when we were in Quebec last summer) but didn't like the thought of removing the residue when the tape fails. Instead I used adhesive backed foam tape that I stuck to the shady boy. This makes a great seal between the shady boy and van gutter and is easy to add. It also won't leave any residues and the shady boy can be taken on and off the van without messing up the seal in the unlikely event that you want to remove the shady boy.

Here is a photo of this in place on my van:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27607241@N00/4704441661/

I've made another mod to the shady boy for better wind/rain handling but haven't gotten to test it yet and I'm not too optimistic. If it works I'll share it with the list though. It looks like I also need to patch the awning at the end of the center pole as it has started to tear there. Wolfgang may want to reinforce that spot from the factory? If he really wants more send him my way as I have others,, ha ha..

Jonathan Poole