Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jun 2010 06:40:32 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      BusFusion 2010 - short report
Comments: To: limbolist@egroups.com, SyncroDoubleCabs@yahoogroups.com,
          ev_update@yahoogroups.com, Syncro@yahoogroups.com,
          vanagon@egroups.com, The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com,
          Diesel-Vanagon@yahoogroups.com

Folks, a short report and certainly not the "Official" report that will soon be published on _www.BusFusion.com_ (http://www.BusFusion.com) website.

Just waking up after the full Monday of BusFusion aftermath at my place, looked like just as many campers here in my yard Monday morning - yikes ! So, the official count was 188, there you know that know ! From, Germany, Hienz & Margarite, they are still out in my yard !, Paul & Dottie from San Fran, Larry & Maggie from Ponca City, George & Jo from Atlanta then many of the usual suspects. One van from Wisconsin too, so those were the big travellers. Many reported break downs en route but I "Think" they all made it eventually. Thursday was a bit cloudy but we got all set up and buses, lots of buses arrived, good campfire that night. Friday was marvellous, sun, sun and more sun. The music show at the Barley Moe was to die for, one of those non repeatable events that if you missed it you will never know from any explanation ! Thanks to Greg T, Doug, Phil, Natascha, Gilles, Andre, Banjo man from Hudson and all the others ! The robbery of Don's BIG remote control bus by some local youth at two in the morning and the ensuing police action. The bus got back Saturday but it was damaged and Don eventually sold it to someone who kept running in all over the grounds Saturday - KOOL ! Sorry for the roudy party Friday night, most of the noise was from Benny and Natscha (Miss Westy) fighting, NOT ME, I'll let him explain ! So, yes Saturday morning was a but wet. Vendors vended, folks went to the Diefenbunker, folks & kids went in the river, folks drank beer, folks rode Benny's motorcycle until I bought it, HA, HA, now it's mine and still the same colour of your bus, what if I change it ????? So, like when am I gonna have time to ride it ? It's making a great yard decoration at the moment until I get it insured and plated !, folks used the provided Kayaks and Canoes. Then the puppy Parade, dogs of stripes were in attendance ! Saturday night pot luck and Gelato cart went well, although not everyone attended nor got free Gelato, seems there was a miss communication as Gelato was ordered for 200 instead of 400, WE WILL make up for that next year, and try to communicate to everyone what a POT LUCK DINNER is all about ! Big, I mean really BIG campfire, thanks to Greg Potts putting on all the fire wood at once ! The Music Jam was good and long and went on into the wee hours with just about all 400 folks around the fire ! Awesome ! Sunday morning, Burrito Breakfast, YUM, and then the door prizes went on like ForEVER ! Thank you to All BusFusion Sponsors, your information will stay on the BusFusion Sponsors page for one year ! Please support our sponsors they are awesome folks who bend over backwards to support this event and many others. So the Long Distance award was divided up between Hienz & Margarite from Germany and Paul & Dottie from California. Someone got about $200 from the 50/50. Then all the upcoming events were publicized by their promoters, all are listed on the BusFusion website, Big Clean-up of the grounds, Bye-Byes and home we all went except for four or five who stayed the night and the ones who came over to my place to keep the party rolling ! That's enough for the short report. Thanks to all who came to make this the best BusFusion E-V-E-R !

AND, last but not least where did my tan Bass Pro camp chair go ? eh ? We just bought that one on our way home from Mexico. Please come home little tan chair, I like you !

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 Westy & Lionel Trains (_Collection for sale_ (http://frankcondelli.com/trainsal.htm) ) _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://frankcondelli.com/busindex.html) - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems_ (http://frankcondelli.com/exhaust.htm) _BusFusion_ (http://www.busfusion.com/) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 10 ~ 13, 2010