Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jun 2010 19:33:40 -0600
From:         Fillmore West <fillmorewst@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Let's Talk About Seats

Hi Loren,

I can't go 100 miles before I start to lean to one side because my butt bones are starting to kill me!

So, the first thing I did was to install a passenger seat in the drivers position. Just a small change of the bottom seat adjusting linkage is required.

This gives me a newer, less used seat with a cushion side lip that is not worn down by the more frequent driver side, getting in and out motion.

And usually the driver is the heavier of the occupants, so the drivers side seat is usually worn out especially after 20+ years !

Secondly I added a good gel seat pad see: http://www.hammacher.com/Product/78710?promo=search

Then, a high quality sheep skin seat cover to tie it all together.

Lastly, on really long trips, I have a cheaper walmart gel seat pad I just set on top of it all.

Plenty of cush for the tush !!!

And the darker shade of gray on the sheepskin seat cover looks really good! I buy the seat cover that covers both the seat and the head rest as one piece.

Total cost about 280 for both of the seats.

Happy Trails,

Fillmore West