Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:31:40 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Just got some more radiator fan resistors in stock!

Dear List,

I got sixteen of the low speed radiator fan resistors for the 2.1l Vanagon a few weeks ago. They were all sold in three days. I just got fifteen more and they are going fast. The ones I have been getting are OE VW parts and they all have manufacture dates of two years ago. So it is highly possible that there is a finite supply of these and when they are gone someone will have to fabricate a replacement. This is all well and good but every time someone has to make an aftermarket version it is usually twice the price of the OE part. I am selling these resistors for the VW list price, not raising the price because they are hard to get. If you have a 2.1l Vanagon you will need one of these at some point in the future if you don't already. These are located behind the driver's side headlight assembly. It looks like a large green roll of quarters with wires coming out to a plug. If you turn on your AC and your low speed radiator fan does not come on immediately then it is possible that this resistor has already gone bad. If you visually inspect the resistor and it looks cracked then it is already in failure mode and will soon die. If this resistor goes bad your AC will not work. If this resistor goes bad your van will get hotter than it should before the high speed fan will kick in sounding like a hurricane and it could pop a coolant hose on you on a hot day.

If you want to be sure that you are going to be able to get one of these, please either call me today or order it through my webstore. The part number is 251971284H

Just a heads up.

-- Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com Phone: 856-327-4936 Fax: 856-327-2242