Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:21:24 -0400
From:         John Meeks <vanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Pesky Oil Leak
Comments: To: Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@turbovans.com>

The deed is done. I tapped the hole closed with a 1/8" flat head punch (thanks for that one Scott). This stopped the leak to the point where I could get it good and clean without a drip re-forming. Mixed the JB Weld and pressed it well into the hole area and surrounding grooves in the push rod tube.

It looks like it will stay. I couldn't get the tube to rotate though. That would have been an added leak stopper. I'll try Max's rescue tape if the JB looks iffy after it dries but it looks like the JB will hold.

Thanks for the great ideas!

John Meeks '91 Multivan Northern Michigan

Vanagon Rescue Squad www.vanagonauts.com