Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jun 2010 15:51:53 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anybody seen a chopped and shortened Vanagon?
Comments: To: Paul Guzyk <paullist08@GUZYK.COM>

can't seem to get the loaflovetour to do much . but thesamba one....... http://images.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/3252859.jpg

love it ! got the vanagon bodies to hack up too. unfortunately it 'looks wrong' with the hyper short wheel base.. but it would be a horrible engineering challenge to move the wheels closer to the ends to keep the proportions right and wheel base useful, for the size of this van. Smaller wheels could help to fix that .. or maybe the artist wanted the hyper short wheel base look. Heck, might as well jack it up like a Monster Pick-up Truck. That would be a trip all right.

and that is what I should do with my 'homeless' 450SLC four -seat sports car mercedes benz. Thanks for the idea ! Get 5 foot tall tires and a tall undercarraige under it. Chop the roof too, why not. I do like the chopped look a lot. And if anyone wants a vanagon body to play with for fun projects like this, I got 'em. scott www.turbovans.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Guzyk" <paullist08@GUZYK.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 2:53 PM Subject: Re: Anybody seen a chopped and shortened Vanagon?