Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:47:14 +0000
From:         J Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: AC While Camping
Comments: To: Chris S <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM>

Even though I built a shelf to hold an A/C unit and I'd use it again, Chris is absolutely right on this. Some of you may remember me posting my story and pics from a 3 day trip on Skyline Drive with my Yamaha motorcycle in tow. It was very hot during the day (late July) but really cool and nice in the evenings. In fact, back then I still smoked and at that time was not sleeping well, I'd wake up several times a night. The first night I went to bed around 11:30 and didn't wake up until 8:00am!! When I saw what time it was I thought "What the..." It was the best 3 nights sleep I'd had in years!! Jeff

Jeff Stewart

----- "Chris S" <szpejankowski@GMAIL.COM> wrote: > Try camping near Blue Ridge Parkway or the Smoky Mountains, preferably > at altitudes above 4000 ft for plenty of heat relief. If you can > handle camping without electric hookups I recommend Mt. Pisgah > campground which now has showers. At $16 per night it is my choice for > getaways. If. You want to go cheaper the nearby Black Balsam provides > roadside camping possibilities near the Art Loeb trail. That area has > plenty if friendly hikers and overnight backpackers to make it > relatively safe.