Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:36:23 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Turbovans <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Buying with a bill of sale only
Comments: To: craig cowan <phishman068@GMAIL.COM>

Good luck. usually when a junkyard does that with a vehicle.. they'll only sell parts of it. We'll see what happens.. but my understanding is that that once it's declared junk and title turned in to the state's DMV ... that's a one way deal. I have never heard of a junkyard selling a whole vehicle that had already been put in the 'for parts only' catagory and title turned in. Shady of them to do so .. and possibly illegal .

I hope it works out. glad you told the whole real story, because up until now it sounded like someone who had just spaced out the title...or 'bought' the van from someone who lost the title etc.

a junkyard ....a real one ...involved with the DMV like this ... they are legally required to go by the state's vehicle registration and titling laws, I believe. they're not a 'Reigster Auto Dealer' ..like used car lots are. but they are 'registered auto dimantlers' .. no legitimate and careful junkyard would sell a car like this letting you think you could get it titled somehow. I got a dead car like that from a junkyard once...they were very, very clear ..'parts only, you can never register or title it'. Eventually I cut that one up and got rid of it as scrap metal.

hey, I have a homeless brown 84 GL ....no title....give you a fine deal on it, I even have the lic plate # and the state of Washington recognizes that plate # and VIN...still in their system. Now that kind of deal you can get a title for.

here's one that would be hard to get a title for, but I'll give ya a bill of sale.. Canadian Model 82 diesel vanagon.

Best be thinking about swapping over all the parts onto a legitmate van .. or maybe you can get through it yet. Bascially ..if the junkyard is a legal business... they mislead you if in fact the title was turned in by them and they declared it just junk with their state DMV. Hope you get through it , but you might be scewed about getting a title, at least in your state.

now 'the whole story' and the 'real story' is apparent.. coulda said that up front, adn that coulda saved a lot of postings trying to help you.

good luck. ( and more and more ....whatever I hear or read, I am compelled to say......'ok, got that, now what do you really mean by that ? ' ) I don't mean to be harsh. just please tell the WHOLE story and save a lot of people's time.

you know the old saying ..if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

and hey...I got this pristine blah blah blah ! lol -:) but communicate completely please . thanks. sdf

----- Original Message ----- From: "craig cowan" <phishman068@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:14 PM Subject: Re: Buying with a bill of sale only