Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Jul 2010 02:01:09 -0400
From:         Jim Davis <syncrohead@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Thumping Noise - Wheel CV Joint Bearing?

Update:

Thanks to everyone who offered replies. Since my previous messag I've put about another 50 miles on the van. SOund is becomming more regular and sounding more like a clack than a thump now. And sounding like possibly from the left side as well as teh right. I'm leaning toward bad CV joints or perhaps bad grease. It's possible I didn't get sufficient grease "inside" the joints before instaling the axles. I've rotated the wheels by hand while jacked up and don't hear anything unusual. I think my next course of action will be to remove the axles and regrease the joints and see what happens.

Jim Davis